Dr. Fitzsimmons is an Interventional Neurologist who specializes in the endovascular treatment of neurovascular disorders, including stroke, carotid and intracranial arterial stenosis, brain aneurysms and arterial venous malformation of the brain and spine. He completed fellowship training in stroke and neurocritical care at the Neurological Institute of New York at Columbia University Medical Center, and in interventional neuroradiology at New York University Medical Center.
Dr. Fitzsimmons research interests include the application and development of novel endovascular techniques for the treatment of acute stroke and cerebral aneurysms, with the intention of improving the safety and efficacy of such treatments, and increasing the number of patients who may be eligible to benefit from these treatments in the future.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Florida College of Medicine - Gainesville (1996)
- Fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology - New York University Medical Center - New York City, NY (2004-2006)
- Fellowship in Neurological Intensive Care - Columbia University Medical Center - New York, NY (2001-2002)
- Fellowship in Stroke and Cerebrovascular Diseases - Columbia University Medical Center - New York, NY (2000-2001)
- Residency in Neurology - Columbia University Medical Center - New York, NY (1997-2000)
- Internship in Internal Medicine - Massachusetts General Hospital - Boston (1996-1997)