Dr. Kia Saeian specializes in diseases of the liver with a particular focus on viral hepatitis, end-stage liver disease, hepatocellular carcinoma and liver transplantation. He has published widely on minimal hepatic encephalopathy and various aspects of viral hepatitis. Since joining the faculty in 1999, he has also served as director of training for numerous gastroenterologists. Dr. Saeian has been recognized by his peers as one of America’s Best Doctors and Milwaukee Magazine’s Top Doctor.
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine - University of California, San Diego School of Medicine - La Jolla (1992)
- Residency - Medical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (1992-1995)
- Chief Medical Resident - Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals - Milwaukee (1995-1996)
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology - Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals - Milwaukee (1996-1999)
- Fellowship in Liver Diseases - University of Miami - FL (1997-1998)